FULL-TIME SHOP ASSISTANT - 2017
Native & Co is looking for a full-time shop assistants to join their team in running their Notting Hill store. Working both independently and alongside our existing team, the ideal candidate will have excellent organisational, and time keeping skills, a genuine appreciation for design and a firm grasp of the concept and ethos behind Native & Co. Experience in retail, particularly in the design sector is an essential. The ideal candidate should be passionate, self-motivated and detailed. A long-term partnership is desired, with a dedicated individual looking to progress within the company. Training will be provided for the role, with the view of eventual independent and unsupervised shop floor management.
The position will primarily consist of shop floor and online store management.
Sales floor duties
· Greeting and reinforcing relationships with clients
· Engaging with clients about products and their craft
· Meeting sales targets
· Coordinating and managing online orders
· Monitoring and liaising stock levels
· General store upkeep and maintenance
In studio duties
· Managing incoming press, trade and customer enquiries
· Writing product descriptions, press releases, newsletters and journal entries.
· Managing and keeping up to date the e-commerce store
· Assisting the design team when necessary
· Coordinating studio requirements
Essential experience and skills
· English proficiency
· Excellent verbal and writing skills
· Practical knowledge of design, craft and the materials involved.
· Interest in Japanese and/or Taiwanese culture
· Practical experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Lightroom.
· Recent and relevant work experience in retail, in particular sales experience.
Additional skills and requirements
· A professional and neat self-presentation
· An independent and self-managed work ethic
· Ability to tackle new responsibilities and challenges
· Flexibility of work shifts including weekends
Fluency in Japanese is advantageous but not necessary for the role. The ideal candidate should be available to start immediately.
Application deadline: 1st July 2017
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
For full-time candidates, please address your e-mail as "Full-Time Shop Assistant / Website".